[TenTec] Omni VI Plus SWR Indication

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI Plus SWR Indication
From: wdcook@ibm.net (wdcook@ibm.net)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 1998 09:30:35 -0500
Karl Heimbach wrote:

> Gang,
>
> My Omni VI indicates an SWR of 1.5 when connected to a dummy load.   (The
> dummy load and coax are okay and were tested with another transceiver which
> indicated an SWR of 1.0).
>
> On page 4-2, Section 4-3 of the manual, bridge transformer "T1", on the low
> pass filter board is mentioned, but I've been unable to find any SWR
> alignment information.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karl - W5QJ
>
> --

DO NOT touch the swr capacitor on the Low Pass filter board unless you
are ready, willing, and ABLE to perform the complete power/ALC alignment
as
specified on the 9mc filter board.

That swr variable cap is usually set for a minimum
voltage(DCVolts) on 20mtrs at a specific connector
on the 9mc filter board.

If you want specifics email me for the info or call
TTTech support, which is what I did.

Bill Cook   N4WC