[TenTec] Thanks ! 1320 transceiver tamed

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Thanks ! 1320 transceiver tamed
From: matti.niskanen@yle.fi (matti.niskanen@yle.fi)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 10:34:32 +0200
Thank you to everyone
I got plenty of answers when I asked for help with spurious output on 1320
transceiver kit. Some answers told about the experiencies and counting the
number of turns with toroids, some pointed out the possibility of RF coming
back to my shack. Then there were some very specific messages telling about
a very typical fault with these kits: the position of output filter coil
windings L8, L9 and L10. If I take one answer from many, Steve, W8SFF wrote
"on L8, L9 and L10 move the turns as far away from each other as you can".
It took 15 minutes and I had not even to solder anything, the windings
moved that much and IT HELPED IMMEDIATELY. The rig behaves now quite
differently, L12 and L13 adjust as they should, not breaking to oscillation
but giving a smooth maximum.
One answer told that removing one turn from L8 and L9 will do the trick
also.
Thanks again and 73
Matt    OH2CF