[TenTec] Omni V to Hercules Interface

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V to Hercules Interface
From: ve7asr@islandnet.com (Rick Williams)
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 17:46:57 -0800
 I am attempting to build the interface cable but there seems to be a
discrepency between the band grouping on the Omni V and the Hercules.

The band grouping is as follows:

Band  Omni V (6-99)     Band Hercules (Fig 3-2)
160m                               160m
80m                                   80m
40/30m                           40/30m
20/17m                             20m
15/12m                           17/15m
10m                                 12/10m

It is my understanding that the band "grouping" on the Omni VI matches the
Hercules II.   My question is, when I switch the Omni V to 17 meters where
does the amp go -- 20m position or the 15/17 meter position.  Similarly for
the next 2 higher frequencies positions.  Is there a solution to this
problem (other than buy an Omni VI - hi)?

Thanks in advance!

Rick  VE7ASR