[TenTec] Corsair II Station Sold--to a new tech!!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Corsair II Station Sold--to a new tech!!
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 10:39:39 -1000
Aloha again,

Sold the Corsair set up to a new tech.  Licensed as a
KH7 just last July.  He is thrilled with the deal;  some
of you asked about a mike.  I did not offer one,  and one
was not a part of the deal,  hi!  This was to be a CW
mode station.

Thank you to the many of you,  especially you guys who
wanted to pay the full $875 to get the set up!!  The tech
got it for $600.

BTW,  the new tech owner is a tug boat owner/operator
over in Honolulu;  also has tugs up in the Sound about
Seattle -- all kinds are hams!!  I think it will be awhile
before he gets upgraded to General via the 13 wpm
test,  but he might go sooner for Tech+.

Note,  was a little disappointed not to get inquiries directly
from any young folks;  got one from a young person's Dad,
but it was too late,  as I had promised the rig to the
first Novice or Tech type responding.  Probably posted
too early in the day yesterday,  kids were still in school.

Mahalo and 73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Garden Island of Kauai