[TenTec] Performance Under Fire

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Performance Under Fire
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Sat, 5 Dec 1998 22:39:14 -0500
.
.This really hit home this weekend with the 160m cw
>contest. .

I just finished my stint on the 160m test with 733 QSO's. Using the OMNI 5
and Hercules 2, I found the pair to be a seamless team contest machine. One
thing I leared from that test is that having the 6.3mhz filter is absoultely
a must. I kept both 500hz TT filters in cascade at all times and was able to
park between the big guns and rattle off the Q's.

Now I wonder if the Titan 2 would have bought me any extra points. The 500 w
output from the Herc seemed to be about right. Possibly the extra Kw would
have attracted too many signals that I couldn't copy. Happens!

N4LQ Steve