[TenTec] Re: "prettiest radios', part ii

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: "prettiest radios', part ii
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 05:40:46 -0600

>>Hands down......Omni V!!
>

>Nah, Its up right up there, but you can't compare to the yellow
glow of the
>old Hammarlund's, Vikings, Collins,
>or a pair of 866's pulsing a blue flame and buzzing to each tap
of a bug....

Years ago, Pioneer High School in Whittier, CA, had for it's club
station radio the Johnson Invader 2000 ...it's all foggy, but I
think it was the transmitter, amplifier and the receiver.  All
the same color, motif, front panel design...wow...Just one of
those big silver and grey boxes weighed more than my little
freshman/sophmore/junior student body !  But, what fun!

now, realy, gn

dale, kg5u

http://www.contesting.com/tentecfaq.htm
http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search.htm