[TenTec] Got my INRAD 2.8 KHz filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Got my INRAD 2.8 KHz filter
From: reid.w.simmons@intel.com (Simmons, Reid W)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 12:07:00 -0800
Hang TT gang;

I received my 2.8 KHZ INRAD filter yesterday and "WOW!" what a
difference it makes on SSB reception.  Now I can leave the PBT set at 12
o'clock and switch between USB and LSB and they sound the same.  Gone
are those annoying high pitched sounds and hiss encountered when
switching from LSB to USB, which required resetting the PBT to the 3
o'clock position in an attempt to "naturalize" the voices.

I did not get a chance to try it on transmit last night as the USB bands
were long dead and buried by that time of night (2230 PST, 0130 EST).
40 meters was overcrowded with too much anti-American international
broadcast nonsense, 75 meters was filled with "CB'ers and rednecks", and
160 had too high of a noise level at this QTH.  So, I shall try again
tonight.

Oh yeah, by the way, INRAD is "just down the road from me" here in
Oregon.  I did not know that.

73.
Reid, K7YX
Beaverton, OR