[TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec
From: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com (Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:30:18 -0500
This comes from the TRlog reflector.  I wonder who at TT was spoken to and
why the suggestion mentioned was dismissed.  Royalites to Kenwood?  I'd
sure like to know.

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
rosenberg.eric@orbcomm.com

---------------------- Forwarded by Eric Rosenberg/OCCVA on 20-12-98 15:28
---------------------------

George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net> (by way of Eric Rosenberg/Jennifer
Gruber <wd3q on 19-12-98 22:24:19

 To:      Eric Rosenberg/OCCVA

 cc:

 Subject: Re: [TRLog] RIT

> You guys talking about RIT control are using something other than
> an Omni VI, right?  Or do I have something (else) misconfigured?
> Neither the dual-SHIFT or the typed frequency entry in the
> callsign window affect the RIT in any way on my Omni VI+.

This feature only works with Kenwood radios.
The other rigs do not allow for RIT control in a useful
way in their command sets.

We were trying to encourage Ten-Tec to include the
Kenwood command set in a future release of their
firmware - but I dont think they think it is worth
the trouble or effort.  The idea was that they could
have the current set (Icom based) and the Kenwood
command set.  I think it would be way cool.

--

George Fremin III                   You know you've achieved
perfection

Feature Wishlist:     http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html