[TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec
From: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com (Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com)
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:30:18 -0500
This comes from the TRlog reflector.  I wonder who at TT was spoken to and
why the suggestion mentioned was dismissed.  Royalites to Kenwood?  I'd
sure like to know.

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC

---------------------- Forwarded by Eric Rosenberg/OCCVA on 20-12-98 15:28

George Fremin III <geoiii@kkn.net> (by way of Eric Rosenberg/Jennifer
Gruber <wd3q on 19-12-98 22:24:19
 To:      Eric Rosenberg/OCCVA
 Subject: Re: [TRLog] RIT

> You guys talking about RIT control are using something other than
> an Omni VI, right?  Or do I have something (else) misconfigured?
> Neither the dual-SHIFT or the typed frequency entry in the
> callsign window affect the RIT in any way on my Omni VI+.

This feature only works with Kenwood radios.
The other rigs do not allow for RIT control in a useful
way in their command sets.

We were trying to encourage Ten-Tec to include the
Kenwood command set in a future release of their
firmware - but I dont think they think it is worth
the trouble or effort.  The idea was that they could
have the current set (Icom based) and the Kenwood
command set.  I think it would be way cool.

George Fremin III                   You know you've achieved
Johnson City, Texas                  in design, not when you
have nothing
K5TR (ex.WB5VZL)                      more to add, but when you
have nothing
geoiii@kkn.net                         more to take away.
512-416-7010                                    -- Antoine de

Feature Wishlist:     http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html