[TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec
From: sales@tentec.com (Ten-Tec Inc. Amateur Radio Sales)
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 10:21:06 -0500
To: <tentec@contesting.com>
>Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 15:30:18 -0500
>Subject: [TenTec] Re: [TRLog] RIT and Ten Tec
>Sender: owner-tentec@contesting.com
>This comes from the TRlog reflector.  I wonder who at TT was spoken to and
>why the suggestion mentioned was dismissed.  Royalites to Kenwood?  I'd
>sure like to know.
>Eric W3DQ
>Washington, DC

Hi Eric (and all):

The suggestion to implement a second computer command interface as an
addition to the "Icom-compatible" one already used in the Omni-VI and
Omni-VI Plus came up two or three years ago in discussions with Larry
Tyree (author of TR-Log).  The issue was the same noted here, RIT
control on the transceiver with TR-Log.  We ultimately decided against
tampering with the current interface because of the cost and time
involved versus the amount of benefit that would have come from adding
a second command interface to the radio.

Scott Robbins, W4PA
Amateur Radio Product Manager

Ten-Tec, Inc., 1185 Dolly Parton Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37862 USA
  Contact Mon-Fri Eastern: Office/Tech (423) 453-7172 9 am-5 pm.
  Repair (423) 428-0364 8-4.  Sales (800) 833-7373 9 am-5:30 pm.
  Fax (423) 428-4483 24 hrs.  Visit us at <http://www.tentec.com>

  --->--->---> Please note: E-mail <sales@tentec.com> for sales
  and general product info only.  We presently do not offer
  repair, parts, or kit building tech support by electronic mail,
  please telephone.

  Ten-Tec manufactures amateur radio equipment, military and com-
  mercial use HF radio equipment, custom aluminum and steel
  enclosures and has an on-premises, fully equipped tool and die
  facility supplying metal and plastic injection mold industries.
  Potential tool and die, custom enclosure or communications
  electronics customer?  Contact us with your needs.