[TenTec] OMNI VI, 2.8 KHz INRAD filter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI, 2.8 KHz INRAD filter
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 20:15:27 -0800
Well, I did not get to check the CW note yet, but did
wire a simple 220 ohm resistor in series with a .1 uf
cap and ran across the 1.8 KHz filter position in the
6.3 MHz IF so that I could hear the 2.8 by itself in
the first (9 MHz) IF.

It sounds very nice indeed.  I hear much more of an SSB
signal with it in line with the 2.4 KHz filter out of line.
It compares with my backup rig, the Kenwood TS 850 with
2.7 KHz filters.  I like it.

I will encourage George at INRAD to build us some 2.8 KHz
filters for the 6.3 MHz IF so we can have a pair for our
OMNI's.

Now, in the coming few days, will get some critical notes
together on the  CW note.  Lets try the Ten Tec 20 meter
net on Sunday, I will finally make sure I get there and
maybe a couple of us with these new filters can go CW
and listen to each other.

Clark
WA3JPG