[TenTec] 2.8 KHz filters in OMNI VI

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] 2.8 KHz filters in OMNI VI
From: turner@safety.ics.uci.edu (Clark Savage Turner)
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 1998 18:12:05 -0800
Anyone, ever get a *reason* why Ten Tec does not endorse
the 2.8 filter bandwidth filter in the OMNI VI?  Anyone
confirm that they don't endorse it?  I suppose I should
call and talk to them, I can't imagine any rational reason
such a filter would cause a problem, the shape factor and
symmetry are both better, the 2.8 filter probably has less
"stuff" out at 3 KHz from the center than the stock 2.4 KHz
filter.

Ten Tec used to use 2.7 KHz bandwidth filters in its
Corsair I and Argosy.

Wish I had a good sweep generator and spectrum analyzer.
I'd look at these things.

Clark
WA3JPG