[TenTec] Re: 2.4khz 9mhz pri INRAD Filters

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: 2.4khz 9mhz pri INRAD Filters
From: paulc@mediaone.net (Paul Christensen)
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 09:26:42 -0500
Bill,

My only concern with a 10-pole filter in the 9 MHz slot is that the CW
transmit BFO frequency of 9,000.400 kHz *must* fall within the flat and
linear portion of the lower filter skirt.  If this frequency is anywhere
near the knee of a 10-pole filter, I guarantee that the transmitted CW
waveform and note will fall apart.

I would suggest to George that these sample five filters be thoroughly swept
and their linearity tested at the above frequency.  Just a thought...

-Paul, W9AC