[TenTec] Key down

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Key down
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 1999 11:14:21 -0500
Don't remember the rig, but didn't they run an ad with a skeleton
holding down the key, too? I think that they pulled that ad after
a couple of hams compalined that it "made fun of death". Oh, well,
a word to the wise........When I was a boy ( I'm 47 now) all the
transmitters had standby switches. This can be achieved today,
at least on the Paragon, by opening up the transmit enable line
on the rear panel. Maybe we could build inline RF sensing time out
timers.

                73,   Bob WB2VUF