[TenTec] T-Kit 1208 again

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] T-Kit 1208 again
From: vllario@eic.ictnet.es (Vicenç LLario)
Date: Sun, 03 Jan 1999 20:53:57 +0100
Hi to all the Ten Tec crew again and my best wishes for 1999!

I have still some doubts concerning power output of my 6m transverter.
As far as almost everybody in the list who answered to my previous
questions concerning power output agreed about a power around 8W, I
still have here around 10-11 watts out measured with a Diamond SX-200
wattmeter (1.8-200 Mhz). My kit has board with rev. B and came with a
Technical Bulletin No 1208-496-4 (yellow). After thoroughly checking all
the components installed on phases 4 and 5 and performing the
adjustments according to the manual I still get 10 to 11 W out with a
drive of 4W from my QRP Plus (measured with my QRP wattmeter WM-1). I
guess there is no overdrive from the Xceiver.
The figures I get are as follows with a power supply delivering 12,8 V
DC current drain in RX : 140 mA
DC current drain in TX: 3,8 / 3,9 A
Power output: 10-11 W
Idling current measured in step 6-10: 505 mA (R61 fully counterclockwise
and 150 Ohm test plug at TP2)
Idling current set at 705-710 mA in step 6-11 (R61 is very touchy).

In the initial RF tests, in step 6-21, with the test plug on TP1,
adjusting L16 and L18 allows a RF output around 14W. The effect of
adjusting L16 and L18 is fully noticeable. But when removing the test
plug from TP1, and trying to adjust L17, there is no noticeable effect
on power output. I have checked L17 with my L-C meter ( it is accesible
in TP1) and seems to be OK with measured values around 0,269 and 0,24
micro H.
This is a summary of measurements performed. I am wondering if the
bandpass filter L16, L17 and L18 and associated capacitors is performing
well as far as adjusting L17 has no noticeable effect ( at least I can
not notice it). Any suggestions or advice will be welcome.
I am sorry for taking such a wide bandwidth in the reflector and thank
you in advance for comments and help. Best 72 de Vicenç, EA3ADV QRP