[TenTec] Hams do build but you have to know where to find them!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Hams do build but you have to know where to find them!
From: bahr521@earthlink.net (Lee Bahr)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 02:48:34 -0600
Hams do build.  You just have to get in the right group. Many many QRP
operators build and design rigs. QRPing will educate you, improve your
operating skills, bring back the joy of being a ham again if you are an
old timer, and it will give you a real sense of accomplishment in many
ways. These rigs, in kit form, cost from $10.00 (pixie) to $800.00 for a
fully loaded EleCraft K2 for example.  TenTec, of course, has modestly
priced QRP kits for sale too.  If you are serious about building, check
out NORCAL (Northern California QRP Club) at the following URL:
http://www.fix.net/~jparker/norcal.html    If this interests you, join
the qrp-l reflector. You can reach them at:
http://qrp.cc.nd.edu/qrp-l/       On this list you will typically
receive 150 messages a day from VERY active builders and designers of
QRP equipment giving priceless information. Trust me when I tell you,
you can get VERY VERY HOOKED on QRP-L. I realize this has not all been
on the TenTec theme, but it will make you a better ham.  You will not
find a better group of hams anywhere, except for, of course, this TenTec
reflector. I sincerely hope some of you check it out. Thanks for the
bandwidth. (I love TenTec too!)  Lee Bahr w0vt