[TenTec] RE: Field Strength meter

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] RE: Field Strength meter
From: kr4wm@bigfoot.com (Web Williams)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 1999 17:48:57 -0500
No, it's definitely in microfarads, because it's not uuF. There's
only one u before the F in the book. And it's a tantalum I think,
sort of conical shaped, but no point. Fat at the top, and tapering
towards the bottom where the leads come out. At my supplier,
they have them in extremely high values-per-physical-size. I picked
up a 5000uF that wasn't much larger than a first-graders pencil
eraser. But it didn't come cheap! It was about $10. And higher
voltage rated units prices increased exponentially. I'm sure the
one in question is a 2500uF.

73, -Web