[TenTec] Omni 6+ TX in/out jumper

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6+ TX in/out jumper
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 1999 09:22:23 -0600

>Am I doing something wrong? The manual does not mention
>this. If this is normal, well I will be most upset.
>Any help would be greatly appreaciated.
>
>Thanks,
>Robb...N0RU

Robb,

I believe you need to check and verify that you have the TX
Enable and TX Out cables hooked up correctly between your Omni
and
Centurion. I don't have an amp, so am not fully up on the TX
Enable/Out operation, but looking at the schematic, Figure 4-18,
Control Board Schematic (81596), it looks like J2, TX
Enable, and J3, TX Out, must connected properly to work.
If the cables are reversed, it may not work.

Just a thought.

73,
dale, kg5u