[TenTec] Re:238 Tuner?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re:238 Tuner?
From: winjones@ix.netcom.com (Winston F. Jones)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 1999 14:10:06 -0600 (CST)
I have the 229 tuner, which I think is the same circuit in an older
package to match the Omni/Corsair series.

I use my 229 with a Butternut vertical. I have a chart with frequencies
and matching control settings. When I used these pre-settings, they are
always close, but not exact. I then tweak up the tuning for the lowest
SWR.

Due to changing weather, ground conditions, etc., I don't see how it
could ever be possible to go exactly to the exact match, whatever the
controls are doing. Just being close enough to finish fine tuning is
great for me.

73, Winston K4CWQ