[TenTec] Paragon fuse type??

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Paragon fuse type??
From: geraldj@ames.net (Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, P.E.)
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:57:18 -0600
In my opinion it should be 16 or 20 amps fast blow. Though the normal
fast blow fuses is often not fast enough to act as more than an
indicator so a solid state failure. Often power transistors die more
rapidly than the fast fuses. There are expensive and very fast fuses
supposedly faster than transistors, but I've not proven that to be true.
I use a 15 amp on my Corsair II, a fast blade type fuse for lower
voltage drop. I did pop that fuse on a very high SWR load a couple weeks
ago. Without damage to the PA transistors showing me its about the right
value. Nuisance blows of fuses are lot less bother than blowing PA
transistors.

Another point is that the fuse should be a 32 volt, not 250 volt fuse to
minimize voltage drop in the fuse.

73, Jerry, K0CQ