[TenTec] MFJ

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] MFJ
From: alex.ai2q@worldnet.att.net (Alex Mendelsohn)
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 14:10:38 -0500
One experience I had with MFJ could only be characterized as unfair. (BTW: I
have many MFJ1270 TNCs sited in packet applications at 9600 baud, and
they're very reliable).

In any case, I added one of MFJ's active DSP filters to my station, however
I discovered that the automatic notch filter wouldn't always work. After
checking all the switches and hardware, I concluded it was a software bug.
MFJ wouldn't fess up to that. BUT, MFJ did suggest I upgrade the EPROM
firmware--which I did--at my cost. That solved the problem. But, why didn't
MFJ supply new code at no cost? I've queried MFJ about this at the Boxboro
Hamfair, and I was told to write my complaint in their little on-site
notebook, which I did. I never got an answer.

Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex  in Kennebunk, Maine .-.-.