[TenTec] Ten Tec Service the Best!

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec Service the Best!
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington)
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 08:33:11 -0500 (EST)
Ooooooooh. Scared me!

Yesterday I called the factory to order an I.F. transformer for my 19 year
old Omni C. The conversation went something like this.

ring ring
TenTec service, may I hep ya?
I need an I.F transformer for an Omni C.
No problem, what's yer address?
bla bla
Ok we'll ship it out and there's no charge.
No charge?
Yep. It's just not worth the expense to charge for these little parts.
Gee thanks.

This reminds me of my call to Kenwood a few years ago.

ring ring
all our operators are currently busy bla bla
music
Kenwood service!
I need to order a dial light for my TS-940.
You got a part number?
NO
Hold please
eons pass
Ok the part number is 32xxxxxx
Ok how much?
$8.00 plus $5 shipping.
gasp....

My guess is that Kenwood would charge at least $25 for that transformer.
Is TenTec passing up a money making opportunity here?

> An Advice,
>
> Be watchful....
>
> Alec/SP2EWQ

Steve Ellington N4LQ