[TenTec] Omni V RF gain

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V RF gain
From: cburk001@juno.com (charles w burkhardt)
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 14:46:02 -0600
John: Thanks for your reply. The answers vary from people that have rigs
like mine, and those that  run their RF gain higher. Sat. evening , with
wet weather and my 5 meter high dipole ,I had no trouble  hearing  and
working French stations  on 40  during their contest. RF gain at 12 and
AF on 9-10. I'm beginning to think the pots just have idiosyncracies!.
Incidentally, I have, at present, only the 2.4 kc  filter installed in
the 9 mc if. Wonder if  additional filter ill have an effect? Charlie