[TenTec] Delta 580 Need Info

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Delta 580 Need Info
From: pinskeep@iglou.com (Peter Inskeep)
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 18:17:13 -0500
Steve,
The filter board is on the top side, clearly visible when the top cover is
removed (4 screws, two on each side of the case).  It is the IF amp board, #
80554, toward the back of the radio, just to the left of center.  The filter is
clearly visible, if installed.  There is room for but one filter.  The filter is
of the same type that we have in the Omni VI, and in fact, I used the 500 hz
filter from my Delta 580 in the Omni VI.  The filter pin holes are in the board,
again clearly visible, and the filter may be installed in either direction.
There is one wire jumper on the top side of the #80554 board that runs under
where the filter is installed, if I recall.  It need not be moved.  The filter
is plugged in on top of it.  Pretty easy to do.  There is only one filter
position.

Your friend should have no trouble if he takes the cover off when you call to
talk to him.

Pete, NO2D,
Pewee Valley, KY