[TenTec] OMNI VI + RIT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI + RIT
From: jeff@jehosophat.com (Jeff Davis (N9AVG))
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:49:58 -0500
I operated an Omni VI while visiting W1AW last week. That was the first
time I'd ever operated the Omni VI or even seen one close up. I never
could find a way to turn the RIT control off and there was no center
detent on the adjustable RIT control. That was a little annoying to me
and is a concern as I consider the Omni VI+ for my home station.

Did I just miss the RIT off/on switch or does no one but me see this as
problematic?

Other than that one thing the Omni VI was a joy to operate. Plus, I got
to see the Omni VI that is being used for code practice. It was a very
enjoyable visit, my first to ARRL and W1AW.

Vy 73,
--
jeffrey davis, n9avg
muncie, indiana usa