[TenTec] OMNI VI + RIT

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI + RIT
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 20:48:48 -0600

>I operated an Omni VI while visiting W1AW last week. That was
the first
>time I'd ever operated the Omni VI or even seen one close up. I
>could find a way to turn the RIT control off and there was no
>detent on the adjustable RIT control. That was a little annoying
to me
>and is a concern as I consider the Omni VI+ for my home station.
>Did I just miss the RIT off/on switch or does no one but me see
this as

Hi, Jeff.

That is, yes, you missed it.  It's at the intersection of the top
row buttons over the main tuning knob and band/frequency keypad
and the VFO A/B/Split button column.

It doesn't have a detent.  I have been doing the School Club
Roundup from our club station at work (W5RRR) and the IC781 there
doesn't have a detent in the RIT--I haven't operated our FT1000
or TS950 in some time, so can't speak to their RIT's
lack/possession of a detent.  Personally, I don't tune for the
detent, I simply tune for good audio/note.  If it's near 0.00,
fine.  If not, fine.

Hardly an issue on which to base the purchase or non-purchase of
such a significant (and excellent) radio.

Get one.  You won't miss the detent.

dale, kg5u