[TenTec] Omni D TVI problems

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni D TVI problems
From: jdroller@tricon.net (Jimmy D. Roller)
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 22:33:47 -0500
My original cable installation was made with a real ground rod at the
connector block, albeit a rather small diameter and length rod. A few
years ago, the cable company replaced all the coax in the system which
was much needed. I was busy inside the house while this was being done
and in the periphery of my hearing I heard much pounding, drilling, etc.
but it didn't register at the time. Later, I went outside to see what
the racket had been about. Much to my surprise, I saw the ground rod
disconnected and some 35-40 feet of #14 insulated wire carefully routed
along the basement overhang, underneath the front door sill and finally
terminated with a clamp to on outside water faucet. My ladderline fed
Zepp has acted "funny" on 40 meters ever since, hi. Oh well, it was very
professionally done and you have to look close to see it, so I guess the
cable company got their money's worth from the contractor.

Jim, N4IR