[TenTec] Amp

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Amp
From: cburk001@juno.com (charles w burkhardt)
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:39:08 -0600
Gentlemen: Again my thanks to all who helped me get my 'new' Omni V
settled into its new   home-yes, I was needlessly concerned about that
jumper setting for the narrow filter in the 9Mc  IF board Now I would
like some more information about using my Heath SB-1000 amp. This is a
single 3-500z  with(at this time) no QSK. I drove it nicely with my old
Heathkit HW5400, which had semi-break-in. . The amp has a relay jack on
the rear panel  which was connected to a relay jack on the 5400. Keying
the rig activated the relay in the amp to hold it  briefly closed  during
transmission-also sort of semi-break-in.  The Omni also has a relay jack
on the rear panel, but operates full QSK. Can I simply connect the two
jacks together and expect the system to work or is there more I must do?
Has anyone else solved this problem?   The  discussion in the operators
manual seems sketchy, and of course, I'm still cautious about poking
around inside of the rig! Thanks. Charlie K0GPF

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]