[TenTec] FILTER CHATTER

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] FILTER CHATTER
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 01:01:39 -0600
I have a SuperSCAF I used to use with my Triton IV, then my
TS-930S, and now my Omni VI+--in fact, in my station photograph
on my homepage, it is sitting on top of the Delta II--but, with
the Omni VI+, I don't use it quite as much as with the 930 or IV.

It's a great piece of equipment.   The skirts are steep.  The
audio pass-through is clean.  The flexibility, whether for CW,
RTTY, or SSB, is great.  The only problem is that, like any other
audio filter, they lose their effectiveness in the presence of
close-in (frequency-wise) big signals.  Otherwise, it provides a
lot of pleasurable listening.

73,
dale, kg5u