[TenTec] Need Manual for Triton IV model 540.

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Need Manual for Triton IV model 540.
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 18:11:55 -0500
Hi Scott--

Ten-Tec will probably make a manual copy for you for about $20.  That seemed
sorta high to me until I saw the quality of the work they did -- big
schematics are big, etc.
Bad diodes that generate the ALC voltage (I think they are on the SWR-TR
board, but not sure) will cause it not to generate ALC.

If it is not generating ALC, it will oscillate!

The drive control is probably just dirty.

All in all, it sure would be worth your time to have Garland Jenkins at
Ten-Tec spend an hour with it.  You will get all the pots and switches
cleaned and lubricated in the process to prolong the life of the unit.

As for the dial needing restringing, sometimes the problem is just old
rubber in the bungee cord that brings the pointer down to the left.  You can
replace just that bungee (Ten-Tec will give you a piece of it).

Get that baby on the air.  It is a really great rig.

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net