[TenTec] OmniA

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OmniA
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 21:20:25 -0500
Ed, are you getting any ALC indication on the Omni-A on any band?  If not,
then the diodes which generate it may be faulty.  If they are, the rig can
oscillate.  That might explain the higher SWR on the antenna (because the
oscillation might well be off its resonant frequency) while the SWR on the
dummy would always be flat (since it is not frequency dependent).  I know
this is a long shot, but sometimes long shots pay off.

73 de Mike N4NT@wireco.net