Fw: [TenTec] MIKE FOR OMNI-D

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TenTec] MIKE FOR OMNI-D
From: Michael O. Hyder" <N4NT@wireco.net (Michael O. Hyder)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 17:23:30 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael O. Hyder <N4NT@bigfoot.com>
To: <ARDUJENSKI@aol.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 1999 3:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TenTec] MIKE FOR OMNI-D

> I tested many mikes with the Omni-D, although not the Ten-Tec mike.  The
> D-104 with either NO internal amplifier or with the internal amplifier
> bypassed completely was the one that folks liked the best by far!  Then I
> put a sock and plastic bag on the mike and haven't used it since, HI.
> 73 de Mike

Among those I tested with was the Shure 444.  People who knew me said they
sounded OK, but that the D-104 sounded much cleaner and more like I do in
person -- more natural.  I don't know about the Ten-Tecs newer than my
Omni-C because I never put a 4-pin plug on a mike to fit any, but the older
Ten-Tecs surely did NOT need that amplifier in the crystal D-104 mike.

Mike