[TenTec] Xtal Osc. board location

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Xtal Osc. board location
From: pklein@2alpha.net (Peter A. Klein)
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 1999 23:54:40 -0700
Folks:  I seem to have lost my copy of an email where I described how to
stop the Omni from periodically jumping frequency a few tens of Hz on a
given band.  It involves adjusting a crystal-trimming coil on the Omni 6's
Xtal Osc/L.O. Mixer board.  If somebody on the list still has it, please
email me a copy.

If you don't have that, all I really need is the location of the Xtal
Osc./L.O. mixer board.  As I recall, it's on the bottom of the radio, under
some other board and inside a shield.  I'm getting an occasional "yoop" on
40m when the rig's been on for a long time. So I need to adjust L118, which
controls the 40m crystal, 1/4 turn which ever way stabilizes the freqency.
Getting *to* the coil is a lot more involved than the adjustment itself.

While I'm inside the radio, I want to disconnect the infamous Connector 52
and see if it stops key clicks in my headphones. So I need to know where
the IF/AF board is, too.

73 and thanks from KD7MW,

--- Peter