[TenTec] Re: Mobile Grounding

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Re: Mobile Grounding
From: peplasters@rockford.com (Paul Plasters)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 1999 18:34:54 -0500
Gosh Guys;
You know, I can't help but wonder how often this has happened?  I am a
relative newcomer to mobile radio, having only done it since the mid
1950's, and I have probably just been lucky.  I wonder if it would still
happen with the radio turned off?  I wonder if it would be able to feed
backwards through the Zener diode that most radios have to prevent
"reversed polarity hookups"?    Oh well I guess we better do it huh?  Then
we are sure.
73,  I gotta go work on my mobile installation, Paul K9PEP

PS:  Hey wait a minute, the fuse I am going to have to use is a 30 ampere
one, will that protect my small radio wires?

Don't want no war guys, but I am having problems understanding how the
fused ground wire is going to help save my radio, if it is also grounded at
the antenna end?  Or am I supposed to fuse that also?   Plus the mounting
bracket is screwed down and it will be grounded that way too.