[TenTec] Amateur Radio on National Public Radio

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Amateur Radio on National Public Radio
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (Barry Gross)
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 16:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
Just wanted to echo Dale's comments.  It was a great
surprise to hear the show come on as I was doing the
evening commute.  It was a very pleasant piece about
the nostalgia of morse code, and the good old days of
less hi-tech communication.

I didn't quite catch his name, but I think the upshot
was that one of the producers at NPR is a ham and he
was reminiscing about his childhood listening to his
dad's ham activities and learning the code himself.
And that cw had a universal language that allowed hams
all over the world to have a conversation even if they
didn't speak the same language (a form of esperanto).
They even ended the piece by wishing everyone 73!

And with that, my 73
Barry  N1EU

http://www.npr.org/programs/atc/archives/1999/990423.atc.html