[TenTec] How RF-susceptible is Omni 6 mic input?

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] How RF-susceptible is Omni 6 mic input?
From: n1eu@yahoo.com (N1EU)
Date: Sun, 9 May 1999 12:13:33 -0700 (PDT)
Guess I tried to say it all in the subject line  :-)

I'm having bit of trouble with distorted transmit
audio on 17 and 10 meters when I run through the
linear.  Using an Omni 6 and Centurion.  Never had a
problem with the previous unmentionable xcvr.  While
I'm going the route of resecuring all ground
connections, grounding every little box in sight, and
wondering if other's had similar probs with the Omni
or any magical pointers.  (I'm ground floor, about
10ft run of 1" braid to 8ft ground rod, and antenna is
100 ft from shack - so I think I should be fine)

Thanks & 73,
Barry  N1EU