[TenTec] Ten Tec trivia

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Ten Tec trivia
From: weingaertner@nac.net (Robert Weingaertner)
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 20:31:35 -0400
Well, I don't know what the best sellers were, but I have a Paragon
and a Corsair I. They are both fine rigs, but in some ways the Corsair
is superior. It has a really quiet receiver, is easy to operate and
performs well on CW, SSB and RTTY. Interestingly, the quality of the
parts is better than on the Paragon. I have had some problems with
"scratchy" potentiometers and jacks on the Paragon but never on the
Corsair. The only real problem with the Corsair has been the PTO
lubricant, for which there is are well-documented fixes.

I would never get rid of my Corsair. I was turned on to Ten Tec by
a respected old timer and fellow CW traffic handler. He couldn't
see geting any rig that was not full break-in. He compared
"semi-QSK" with driving down the road with your eyes closed and only
opening them periodically!

                        73, Bob WB2VUF