[TenTec] Internet remote Pegasus?!! (Carl W2CSH)

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Internet remote Pegasus?!! (Carl W2CSH)
From: cshyde@yahoo.com (Carl Hyde)
Date: Tue, 18 May 1999 05:24:04 -0700 (PDT)
Some users experience some latency due to the ISP
being slow (AOL the worst, Erols the best)  The guru's
that set it up are figuring that the cable based
systems will be much faster.  They are using Real
Audio to send the sound out but a lot of guys use rtty
which seems to work more consistently than phone.

--- "M.Pender" <steam@megsinet.net> wrote:

> Hello Carl es all!
> The internet remoting of an hf rig for use by
> disadvantaged or limited hams sounds absolutely
> fantastic. What a great service. I wonder, is the
> internet delay much of a problem, or is it small
> enough to work around?
>
>    My father lives in a retirement trailer park in
> Florida
> and something like this would be just the ticket.

===
Carl S.HYDE
W2CSH

Politics: From the Greek word Poli, meaning many and
the word tics, meaning blood sucking parasites.

"No man is safe while the congress is in session" (Will Rogers)