[TenTec] Fw: Ten Tec

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Fw: Ten Tec
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 17:49:27 -0500
Would someone who is fluent on describing the Omni VI+
performance on SSB mind answering Dennis'/W5KU questions?  I
think it's important that he be told good accurate info.  He has
a nice contest station under construction in Sealy, TX (50/70
miles west of Houston), where K5GN usually operates.

I answered him and assured him that Ten-Tec DID NOT 'screw up'
the SSB.  But, my SSB experience with my 6 is very light and I
don't really feel qualified to talk technically about it with
him.

Please send him your comments.

Ten years or fifteen years or so ago, I operated multi-op with
him at NR5M contest station a number of times.  He typically
operated 80m SSB, using a Collins S-Line, while the rest of us
used TS-930's.  Maybe he's in the market for a new radio...or
Scott and Stan's mugs in the Ten-Tec ads caused him to wonder
about the radio.

Thanks and 73,
dale, kg5u