[TenTec] Omni 6 passband shifts with heat???

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni 6 passband shifts with heat???
From: WA4VEC@aol.com (WA4VEC@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 19:37:55 EDT
In a message dated 99-05-31 08:40:59 EDT,  N1EU wrote:

<< In the heat of the battle (yes, she did get fairly
 warm to the touch), the center point of the pass band
 seemed to shift - the PBT control needed adjustment
 from about my normal 11 o'clock over to 1 o'clock.
 B >>

My early production OMNI 6 (June '92) has always done the same with the
exception that it seems to stabilize after being on for 30 minutes or so.
The transmit duty cycle does not seem to contribute to the problem, but it
probably depends on the ambient temperature in the shack.  I have assumed the
the PB tuning oscillator is just not very temperature stable.

Walt