[TenTec] super cmos II keyer problem

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] super cmos II keyer problem
From: Tim Cook" <timcook@erinet.com (Tim Cook)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 08:38:55 -0400
I have been having an occasional problem with my SUPER CMOS II Keyer kit
ever since I put it together many years ago. It is aggravating and wonder if
anyone else has experienced this problem.  The keyer will just quit for no
apparent reason, and the only was to "reset" it is to remove one of the
batteries (3 AA in it) and then it will reset and go happily about its way.
This happens with fresh batteries as well, and I don't think RF is the
problem, because I only run 2 to 3 watts most of the time...  It will do it
right in the middle of a QSO while keying.  Anyone have any suggestions??
Thanks
Tim