[TenTec] More Filter Questions...

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] More Filter Questions...
From: Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com (Rosenberg.Eric@orbcomm.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 16:40:46 -0400

I've been following the interesting thread on the reflector regarding filters
and the Omni-6+

Here's what I have --

400 Hz INRAD in the first IF
400 Hz INRAD in the second IF

I'd like to improve the SSB performance for contesting and DXing, so I'm
considering the 2.4 MHz 10-pole INRAD for the first IF (N-2 position, I believe)
This would not replace the stock 2.4 MHz filter that comes with the radio.

What's not clear to me is whether adding this filter will make a difference!

I don't want to add the 1.8 MHz filter -- I had it with my Paragon and never
used it -- too narrow for voice!

Are there any other choices??

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ