[TenTec] Omni V SSB Monitor Circuit

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni V SSB Monitor Circuit
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 00:35:40 -0400
SSB transmitt audio monitoring in the Paragon (probably the same in the Omni
V) is accomplished by picking some audio from the tx audio board, sending it
to the sidetone board where it passes through a level pot and finally routed
to the IF/Audio board where it is fed into the input of U10 , the audio amp
chip. Three schematics are involved here. On the tx/audio bfo board, this
audio is amplified by a single op amp which the Omni VI probably doesn't
have.  I believe I would use a small piece of circuit board to build this
amp on, mount it inside the rig and pre-set the pot for a suitable level.

One of these day's I think I'll order a bunch of TenTec manuals to have on
hand. Seems like every one of their rigs has something I would like
incorporated in another one of their rigs. I"ve got scanner and maybe I'll
try and get it to you via email. Wonder why TT thought we didn't want that
monitor?

Check out 10.125mhz for MCW 5 letter code groups. Awesome!

Steve N4LQ