[TenTec] TenTec manuals are GOOD

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] TenTec manuals are GOOD
From: n4lq@iglou.com (Steve Ellington N4LQ)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 00:50:55 -0400

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BEBF6D.F29BF480

 I get so tired of this whineing about not being able to get "Technical =
manuals" from TenTec. How many manufactures produce a "operation manual" =
that has the details found in TenTec's manuals? NONE!=20

I'm looking through the manual for this Paragon II. It's got nearly 100 =
pages of detailed information. Every circuit board has a picture and =
schematic plus at least a page of text describing the signal flow and =
operating means of each circuit.

Some of you have mentioned a desire to have each transistor and chip =
lead labled with "typical voltages". Hey, if you understand solid state =
electronics you should be able to estimate these voltages. Base to =
emmiter voltages normally are .6v under fwd bias conditions etc. V+ on =
chips usually 5v etc. If they published a voltage and we used our DVOM =
to measure it, there would no doubt be a slight error and then what are =
you going to think?=20

Back in the tube days, a lot of mfgs. listed voltages on their =
schematics and they were almost always miles off! Really, some folks are =
just asking too much. Lets give TenTec a big pat on the back for their =
good manuals.=20

Steve N4LQ

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BEBF6D.F29BF480

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D2>&nbsp;<FONT size=3D4>I get =
so tired of=20
this whineing about not being able to get "Technical manuals" from =
TenTec. How=20
many manufactures produce a "operation manual" that has the details =
found in=20
TenTec's manuals? NONE! </FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D4>I'm looking through the =
manual for this=20
Paragon II. It's got nearly 100 pages of detailed information. Every =
circuit=20
board has a picture and schematic plus at least a page of text =
describing the=20
signal flow and operating means of each circuit.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D4>Some of you have mentioned =
a desire to=20
have each transistor and chip lead labled with "typical voltages". Hey, =
if you=20
understand solid state electronics you should be able to estimate these=20
voltages. Base to emmiter voltages normally are .6v under fwd bias =
conditions=20
etc. V+ on chips usually 5v etc. If they published a voltage and we used =
our=20
DVOM to measure it, there would no doubt be a slight error and then what =
are you=20
going to think? </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D4>Back in the tube days, a =
lot of mfgs.=20
listed voltages on their schematics and they were almost always miles =
off!=20
Really, some folks are just asking too much. Lets give TenTec a big pat =
on the=20
back for their good manuals. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Times New Roman" size=3D4>Steve =
N4LQ</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0073_01BEBF6D.F29BF480--