[TenTec] Omni VI+ Freq "Jump"

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Omni VI+ Freq "Jump"
From: andrenr@ul.com (RICHARD ANDREN)
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 99 17:46:08 CDT
I'd sure be interested in knowing how they fix it for you Bernie.  I just
don't know enough about the radio to correct this problem.  Don't get me
wrong, I've used all the high end radio's, and I settled on a VI for my
home station.  But my last service experience was a train wreck, and I
still need to fix my VI.

73, Rick AE9D

>  Sorry to hear of your plight,
>  I called them today.  I got the usual (for me, anyway) superb treatment
>on the phone.
>I was asked if I had a 10Hz-resolution freq counter handy.  I answered I
>have one,
>but it hasn't been calibrated in so long I can't trust it.  So, they asked
>that I please
>ship it to them at their expense (which I thought gracious).
>  I can't complain about the repair job it just had.  I was popping the
>breaker on
>full-power transmit.  They fixed a bad connection in the PA section, did a
>complete alignment,
>did a few mods, and shipped it back to me for under $97.  I thought that
>was more than fair.
>  I'll let you (and the others here) know how it goes.  As it turns out
I'm