[TenTec] Century 22 op

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Century 22 op
From: 7pound@cwcom.net (Peter McEwen)
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 18:40:48 +0100
Bryan,

I fully appreciate your views on the general requirement for a mid
price, low current, robust radio with a good rx and reasonable keying.

My Century 22 and Argosy II do just about everything I require - Its a
real shame Ten Tec only included 30m on both radios, what was wrong with
160m, 17m and 12m. I know the WARC bands were not on line at the time of
release but it could have made the Argosy II just that little bit more
special.

As for the Scout and SGC-2020 I bought both and was disapointed in each
case, however I know of Ops who give each radio glowing reports so I put
it down to bad luck!

You mentioned Ten Tec Service and support, well my praise must go to
Scott at Ten Tec sales who recently went out of his way to help me
obtain a Delta 580. The radio arrived this week and will go on air this
weekend - I can't wait.

PS if you recently sold a Delta 580 (Serial No 00088) to Ten Tec its now
safe and sound in East Anglia and is looking forward to a trip to GM and
F land!

73 fer nw de Peter G4PUQ

lets keep those Century's 22 active