[TenTec] Pegasus

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Pegasus
From: tds59@im4u.net (Thomas Smith)
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 18:53:58 -0700
I'm sending this to BOTH parties (i.e., Carl and you on the
reflector)...

What would be interesting is comparing the Pegasus receiver to the Omni
VI...as well as the two rigs' "upgradability" factor. By that, I pose
this: There has been some observation made about the main competitor to
the Pegasus (read: the big Kahuna) being able, through such routes as
added boards or PCMCIA-type cards, to offer VHF/UHF capability among
other things. How about the Pegasus' expansion future? I know there are
several slots available in the Omni VI (as I recall my notes and visual
observations of a couple of these rigs in the past)...wonder if the
Pegasus has been set up similarly...

Tom  N8DXR