[TenTec] Looking for AGC comments

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Looking for AGC comments
From: jeeves@mindspring.com (Jim)
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 19:26:47 -0400
Hi Steve

You know, the old tube type radios were better with static than the newer
ones. I saw a review of either the Omni V or VI in which the reviewer stated
that the Omni was much better than average in its ability to handle static.
I think it does best on slow AGC.
Also, I have a Kenwood 570 DG that I have compared to the Omni VI a few
times. It doesn't handle the static nearly as well as the Omni. Of course,
it doesn't really handle anything as well as the Omni. Note: I am not trying
to belittle Kenwood--the 570 isn't in the same price class as the Omni
either.

I had an Omni D at one time (kinda wish I had kept it) and it did better
with static, but I suspect that was because the AGC held the RX sensitivity
low for longer periods than the Omni.

Jim