[TenTec] OPTION 3 upgrade

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] OPTION 3 upgrade
From: w5yr@swbell.net (George T. Baker)
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 1999 09:21:15 -0500
All this talk of mechanical damage to TenTec rigs in shipment raises the
question in my mind: how are the rigs being packed if they apparently
suffer so severely from "normal" shipping abuse? If filters and xtals are
being kicked out of sockets, it is a good thing that no fire bottles are
involved!  ;^)

Maybe it would be best to ship the rigs with all plug-in devices in a
separate well-padded package and let the user do the final installation?
I think that I would prefer that over having the stuff rattling around
loose in the box during the shipment and being damaged even more.

72/73, George        AMA 98452          R/C since 1964
Amateur Radio W5YR, in the 53rd year and it just keeps getting better!
AutoPOWER Systems, Fairview, TX (30 mi NE Dallas)  Collin County
QRP-L QRP-ARCI FISTS NORCAL ZOMBIE ARS 10-X  33.2 N 96.6 W EM13RE

"