[TenTec] Solution: Replacement for TT 1140 circuit breaker

To: <tentec@contesting.com>
Subject: [TenTec] Solution: Replacement for TT 1140 circuit breaker
From: pcuellar@bright.net (Phil Cuellar)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 22:47:20 -0400
The advice I followed was as prescribed by Ten Tec and a few others on the
reflector. I called Wards Electronics in Florida ((800) 545-9273) and asked
for an Airpax T-11 20 amp fast acting breaker. (Wards apparently specializes
in Marine electrical systems, and these Airpax breakers seem to be popular
with them.) The sales person at Wards knew exactly what I was talking about
and was helpful in completing my order. Price quoted was about $15 plus
around $4 shipping to Ohio.
Research by me at the suggestion of others revealed that Surplus Sales of
Nebraska also sells Airpax breakers, but I was unable to ascertain if the 20
amp Airpax listed on the web site was a fast acting breaker. For that
reason, I decided to follow the advice of Ten Tec, and called Wards. I may
be able to offer more info on this once I get the breaker from Wards in-hand
for comparison.

73,
KB8TRK - Phil